Saturday, August 4, 2007

Japan Day 4 (shi)

THURSDAY

We are finally sick and tired of the internet situation so Debbie and I are going to the local Office Depot to pick up a wired router. Since there is no setup other than plugging in the ethernet cables, we see this as the safest way to go.

We saw this little UPS truck on the way there. Seems like most of the delivery trucks are pretty tiny compared to american standards.
IMG_0003_2.JPG

Here's another neat little truck.
IMG_0004_2.JPG

From my first day I've wondered what the cicadas looked like. On our way back from Office Depot there was one laying in the parking lot of our apartment.
IMG_0008.JPG

I stuck my hand in the next photo for a size comparison.
IMG_0009.JPG

Thinking he was dead, I gave him a little poke and he angrily buzzed and flew over by the lobby door.
IMG_0010.JPG

We stopped in a 7-11 on our way back for a bite for lunch. They are much better than ours in that they are stocked with yummy Japanese treats. I got this tonkatsu (pork cutlet), some sesame cucumbers, and a nice little peanut butter sandwich. The sandwich was more of a dessert, the filling was like a really sweet peanut paste. Debbie got the one filled with strawberries and whipped cream. The green bottle is tea if you were wondering.
IMG_0013.JPG
Debbie's entre was some sort of shrimp quiche.
IMG_0014.JPG

After a little rest, Jerri, Debbie, and I headed down to Nissin World Delicatessen.
IMG_0018.JPG

There are pictures of Arnold Schwarzenegger on the wall. I guess he visited as Gov. of California. This is a market that sells mostly non-Japanese stuff. It also has an entire floor for booze. I picked up some Hakkaisan sake and some Andechs Doppelbock. Some of the best sake and beer in the world, respectively. I think this place could rival BevMo in their wine selection.
IMG_0021.JPG

This is a little market on the side-street heading back up to our place. Those vending machines are literally everywhere you turn here in Japan. You will never, ever go wanting for a coke. Considering how hot and humid it is right now, that's a blessing.
IMG_0022.JPG

This is a house off our side street that looks kind of cool. What I would expect a Japanese house to look like.
IMG_0019.JPG

The long humid walk back to the apartment:
IMG_0024.JPG

This delivery truck was up by the lobby on our return. I'm not sure what the company is, but they have a neat logo.
IMG_0027.JPG

3 comments:

JM Hernandez said...

Vending machines and delivery trucks...=D

I am enjoying your blogs...=D No really I am....

By the way the delivery truck with the black cats...Yamato Transport Co...Japanese "UPS", they do general deliveries...=D just thought I would let you know...

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link